There are many different Federal Divisions that are holding Unclaimed Federal Funds. Some Federal Sources are:
- The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation maintains a list of 12,000 people who are owed approximately $27 million in unclaimed pension benefits.
- The Internal Revenue Service is holding Millions of Dollars in refund checks that were returned this year undelivered by the Post Office.
- Unclaimed Veterans Insurance is money owed to individuals whom the Veterans Administration has been unable to locate in order to make payment.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development is holding Refunds for mortgage insurance obtained by a government loan.
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation has unclaimed funds
from failed financial institutions. In many instances these funds
remain unclaimed for a variety of reasons.